Kingdom Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdom Knights

Forum area for members of the Kingdom Knights of GC

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Leader’s Annoucement
Joining the guild? Click Here! Welcome to the KingdomKnights Forums!
Events

Announcements
~New Grand Chase Forum! Click Here!
Knight’s Time
Your Current Time:
Wed May 08, 2024 6:24 pm

You can request a clock by PMing Shugo.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Music
Popup Music Player
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Rainbow Dash
Why China....Why.... Vote_lcapWhy China....Why.... Voting_barWhy China....Why.... Vote_rcap 
Jashiin
Why China....Why.... Vote_lcapWhy China....Why.... Voting_barWhy China....Why.... Vote_rcap 
Elesis
Hibari
Masami
lKKlShugo
Chrysalis
sakuno21
SirFelix
Rarity

Why China....Why....

Go down 
+2
Rainbow Dash
Masami
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Masami
Darkside
Darkside
Masami

Why China....Why.... Empty
PostSubject: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Striker of Light
Striker of Light
Rainbow Dash

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:21 pm

What the heck? Live fish?
Back to top Go down
http://equestriadaily.com
Masami
Darkside
Darkside
Masami

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:25 pm

It's body is fried....but its head is still alive....and it's living....even when the guy sticks his chopstick and tears off some of its meat...
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Striker of Light
Striker of Light
Rainbow Dash

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 9:18 pm

That is absolutely disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Rarity
Dragoon
Dragoon
Rarity

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:55 pm

As a vegetarian...

I do not approve...
Back to top Go down
Masami
Darkside
Darkside
Masami

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:00 am

I am ashamed of my country.....
Back to top Go down
Twilight Sparkle
Darkside
Darkside
Twilight Sparkle

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:55 am

Why China....Why.... 3cd8a33a

That is so terrible I really think I lost all faith in humanity just now with the sole exception of Sloth. No real reason to do that. -_-

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SirFelix
Dimension Knight
Dimension Knight
SirFelix

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:33 pm

this is sickening how could someone do something so damn twisted as that i've been told that they did that but i'd never thought i would ever see it it just blows my mind that there are people so twisted as to torment an animal like that
Back to top Go down
http://legendofelunerpg.forumotion.com/
Rarity
Dragoon
Dragoon
Rarity

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Yeah... It's horrible.

But I mean you guys eat lobster, right?

They boil those things alive. You can actually hear them 'screaming' as they're put into water.
Back to top Go down
Twilight Sparkle
Darkside
Darkside
Twilight Sparkle

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Rarity wrote:
Yeah... It's horrible.

But I mean you guys eat lobster, right?

They boil those things alive. You can actually hear them 'screaming' as they're put into water.
Foodist, I have never eaten lobster.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Striker of Light
Striker of Light
Rainbow Dash

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:51 pm

I've eaten crab before. I think they boil those alive as well.

At least we don't EAT IT ALIVE.
Back to top Go down
Rarity
Dragoon
Dragoon
Rarity

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 6:57 pm

True I guess.

Still, animal cruelty and all that.
Back to top Go down
Twilight Sparkle
Darkside
Darkside
Twilight Sparkle

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:47 am

The only animal cruelty I approve of is smacking up mah bi.....

Someone should do the same to those guys. nod

Back to top Go down
Rarity
Dragoon
Dragoon
Rarity

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Perhaps a little extreme.

But where's the RSPCA when you need 'em?

Slackers...
Back to top Go down
SirFelix
Dimension Knight
Dimension Knight
SirFelix

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:29 am

ok one lobsters and crabs are dead before they hit the water quick snap of the neck instant death i also know the proper way to kill a fish for cooking it to take a hammer and give and a quick and strong smash to the head instant death aswell always check your facts
Back to top Go down
http://legendofelunerpg.forumotion.com/
Sutan
Dragoon
Dragoon
Sutan

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:51 am

I'm sorry, did you guys say something? Heh.

I swear, I'm highly disappointed in how closed minded you guys are. People don't eat like this because they want to torture animals. It's their culture and lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
Twilight Sparkle
Darkside
Darkside
Twilight Sparkle

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:48 am

Cruelty is still cruelty. Just because at some point down the historical line animal cruelty was made part of a culture does not make it right. Torturing animals as part of a culture shouldn't suddenly make it all okay. Humanity should be better than that. (I know it isn't but it should be)
Haven't we moved on a little since all those years ago? Isn't there more knowledge?
Well I know from my readings that some regions deem people the ultimate beings that can do as they please with the Earth and everything on it.

Even as a monster hunter this sickens me and I have stabbed things to death with my lance to protect the people.

This has minorly put me off everyone that eats meat, but majorly put me off most of Asia.
Now I remember why I despise humanity.
We need vids of other regions doing similar things to animals.
Back to top Go down
Sutan
Dragoon
Dragoon
Sutan

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:01 am

Again, to them, it's not torture. They see it similar as to how other living things eat other animals as well. Does an eagle apologize over a mouse and shed tears right before its meal? No it doesn't. It eats the thing alive.

I know we live in the Western world, but just because we are comfortable with our ways doesn't mean can disrespect the ways of a country that has a different system. Obviously Eastern and Western cultures have some moral differences, but just because it's different doesn't make it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Twilight Sparkle
Darkside
Darkside
Twilight Sparkle

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:24 am

So you are saying they believe the octopus and fish enjoyed being eaten alive? They don't see it as torture they see it as giving them pleasure? It may not been seen as direct torture, but they must be smart enough to know that what they are doing would be extremely painful for the animal. (Also I really doubt the fish video had anything to do with culture)

Some humans are slightly more intelligent than animals (ikr). But I see where you are coming from it is very animalistic doing things that way. Considering how we dominate the planet and we react when 1 person gets attacked by something like a shark we have too much power to be acting like animals. Also I am pretty sure animals don't go around dipping it in several sauces and waiting so long to consume it and so prolonging the death.

All cultures have their moral weaknesses. These simply need to be developed so that they become more than just selfish desires and a stubborn belief that a culture should not ever change in a world that is constantly changing. Any kind of abuse was excusable in the past when humanity generally believed it was chosen above all else. (excluding some religions that value certain animals/nature such as Hinduism and cows) People are suposedly educated now though and have a capability to extent beyond selfish practises and stubborn ways.

Back to top Go down
Sutan
Dragoon
Dragoon
Sutan

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:53 am

I never said anything about pleasure. It's plain to anyone of any culture that being eaten is not a pleasant experience, but as the predator, they don't really think about it. And to them, it really isn't torture. It's just eating. Only someone standing from a third point of view would consider it such a thing.

That half cooked fish actually originated from an imperial dish, long ago. The idea has been present in Asian cultures for a long time. If animals knew about (or even cared for) flavoring their food and had the capability to do so, I wouldn't doubt that they too would dip their prey before consumption.

I do understand your point of view. For someone who loves animals, seeing people eat live animals might seem barbaric to you. That's perfectly understandable, and you know what, you don't have to be fine with that sort of thing. You can go ahead and champion the rights of other creatures at your leisure.However, when you look at differences between cultures and automatically assume that another's ways are inferior just because they do not line up with your morals, that's a dangerous problem. You assume that just because people of another country eat things raw, that they are an uncivilized race that needs to be redeveloped. I'm sorry, that just sounds like brainwashing, oppression, and genocide. People are supposedly educated now to to have the capability to think beyond their own limited perspectives.
Back to top Go down
Twilight Sparkle
Darkside
Darkside
Twilight Sparkle

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:25 am

People can eat something without unnecessary suffering, which has been demonstrated in the first page of this thread. Humans should look at consequences of actions and clinging to old ways when knowledge and understanding has changed so much is not always the best thing to do. I am not saying overthrow all of the culture because the majority of it isn't doing any harm and should be conserved. What you seem to want is preservation, which is the equivalent of stuffing that culture in a pickle jar and sealing it so it remains isolated and ignorant of the world around. Keeping themselves niave from all knowledge that goes against what they believe and keeping things the same. You can't keep any mistakes people made in the past and continue doing so under the brand of cultural inheritance. Yet it still has the ability to harm the world around. It is a very selfish way of doing things (I believe that this is the key human trait).
You are playing the Asian culture card a tad strongly considering who actually created this thread.

I don't really love animals (inb4sheepjoke), if I truely did I would be a vegetarian. I do however have a certain amount of respect for most life. I also believe that an animal would most likely kill something before adding flavor, because only humans have the ability for such manipulation to keep something alive and treat it how they please until consumed.

I studies Business Ethics for 11 weeks and am close with all the Asian students in my classes. They also have agreed that it is barbaric and an "ancient" practice.

Last edited by Twilight Sparkle on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sutan
Dragoon
Dragoon
Sutan

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:41 am

No no, you're not getting my point at all. Augh, okay. This thread started as a grossed out reaction to some odd cuisine; you know what, I wouldn't eat that either. But it gradually went from disgust at the food to disgust at an entire group of people and then to disgust at the human race in general.

That fish is such a small part of that culture that it's insignificant. My entire point is that a tiny thing like this shouldn't make you disregard or disapprove of the entire people as a whole. Seriously, one weird food shouldn't make you dislike half the world.
Back to top Go down
Masami
Darkside
Darkside
Masami

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Summing it up:

I'm Vietnamese, they eat dogs. But that doesn't mean I have to eat dogs.....
Back to top Go down
Twilight Sparkle
Darkside
Darkside
Twilight Sparkle

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:05 am

Just to be clear I always thought people were evil worldwide. (I blame crimewatch and the news) It has always been my firm believe that selfishness guides humanity.

Those videos didn't change anything, but they did remind and reaffirm my thoery.
Back to top Go down
Rarity
Dragoon
Dragoon
Rarity

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:05 am

Culture shouldn't invovle cruelty. What they think the fish tastes nicer when it's still alive? Please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why China....Why....   Why China....Why.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Why China....Why....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kingdom Knights :: Off-Topic Discussion :: Media-
Jump to: